Celebrations in Florida
United Sportmen of Florida reports (via email) their celebration as Gov. Bush signed six favorable measures yesterday. The statutes:
1. Makes it easy to register to vote while getting a hunting or fishing license.
2. No net loss of hunting lands. Any public land closed to hunting after this date must be offset by other land opened.
3. No confiscation of guns during an emergency
4. CCW records no longer public records.
5. Repeals old statutes banning guns in National Parks (I guess there was a state statute doing this) and in state parks. (No one was following the law, indeed there were public shooting ranges on the state parks, but might as well clean it up).
6. Provides that if a serviceman or servicewoman is on duty overseas, their CCW permit is extended until they return and can update it.
Mighty good for one day, or one legislative season!
UPDATE: Alphecca covers the story, with a roundup on media coverage,